Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
The house is on fire and you've only got time to grab five things. What are they?
1) Laptop. Hands down. If I only had one thing, this would be it.
2) My pearl necklace. Next to my laptop, it's probably the most expensive thing I own and it was given to me by my parents for my college graduation.
3) Medical records. I've moved around a lot and have been to over a dozen doctors, which means my medical records aren't all stored in one location (except for my filing cabinet) and it would take a LONG time to gather them again.
4) My signed books. Does this count? I have a large tote bag from RWA 2010 sitting right below my bookshelf that they would all fit in nicely :-) I'm not unreasonable: I realize I couldn't possibly get all my books out, but all my signed ones would definitely fit in that tote.
5) I would say my cell phone here, but it's already in my pocket because I'm addicted. So I'd say my purse because it has my wallet and my keys in it! All that stuff would be hard to replace.
Also, I'm assuming my dog would follow me outside (because he follows me EVERYWHERE) so I don't have to count him in the five things.
What about you? What five things would you save? If you participated in RTW, feel free to leave a link in the comments!