I must be feeling ornery or something the past few days because I keep wanting to defy the prompt. Every time I tried to whittle it down to a single moment, hundreds of memories flash through my mind.
I may be picking at semantics here, but I don’t think there are times when I feel “more alive” than others, but there are certainly times when I feel “less alive.” Because, for me, “alive” – and I mean really being and feeling alive – is my natural state. Maybe this isn’t so for others? I don’t know.
So, blog rebel that I am, I give you some moments:
- That moment in a conversation with a good friend when I realize five hours has passed even though I could swear he/she only arrived fifteen minutes ago.
- That moment just after I wake up when my dog is cuddled up next to me and I can feel his warmth and breathe in that puppy smell while lying in that quality of light that only occurs as the sun is crossing the horizon.
- That moment when I realize I’m dancing for joy with people ebbing all around me and I don’t care what they think because it really doesn’t matter.
- That moment when I just know I’m where I should be and working toward my true heart’s desire.
- That moment when my friend and I make the same exact joke at the same exact time and laugh at each other and time seems to slow down so that we can laugh a little bit longer.
What about you? What makes you feel alive?
This post is part of my #reverb10. Visit their website to learn more.